Tuesday, July 10

Hear no evil, See no evil, Snort no evil

My cousin's wedding was on Sunday, and of course - the classy girl that I am - I got wasted and failed to plan a good night's rest.

I woke up at 4:30 in order to get to work by 8am today because the wedding was so far away. The car ride there was immensely uncomfortable, as was changing from my PJ's in a bakery near work so that nobody at work would see me arriving in my night gear.

When IT guy was working on my computer, I came downstairs and loitered near Flamboyant Guy's desk.

"Man, I feel like I'm going to throw up" I complained, feeling light-headed and weak.

"Why, what'd you do last night?" He asked.

I did the "drink alcohol" gesture, while he did the "snort cocaine" gesture.

"What?! No!" I laughed. "Cocaine doesn't make you nauseous."

I paused and we looked at each other for a moment. "Oops... I mean... Cocaine doesn't make you nauseous, does it?"

14 comments:

S* said...

*cringing*

Woman, you need to be careful with what you say at work! Words love to come back to haunt you!

tex said...

S may be right. Depending on how big the company is by the time it gets back to you; you may be the office crackhead. Not that I would think that, you're too well spoken.
Tex

Moderator said...

I wouldn't know.

Sipwine said...

hahahahaahhahahaha

me said...

busted!

Anonymous said...

landed yourself in a bad spot?

The Very Reverend Ace Clemmons, Jr. said...

you gotta watch the rumor mill on that one...serioulsy. What *S and Tex said....

though it is only a summer internship right? screw it - do as much blow as you want...

Anonymous said...

AH...very PC of you

The Ambiguous Blob said...

Um... it sometimes does. And most IT guys would know that anyway.

Rune said...

just say no to crack...unless it's asscrack...or crackers. But not crackers as in white people. I'm not racist.

magickat said...

HAHAHAHA!

bigshoulders said...

thanks for the laugh, AB. :)
b.s.

Miss Devylish said...

Oh you are funny. At least you are sharing your info w/ the right person it sounds like. Heh.. the snort jesture. That's awesome.

Miss Devylish said...

Also, rumor mill? In Seattle? Um. Coke is pretty rampant here from what I can tell so it's likely even if you aren't doing it, people you know are.